Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sampler Village interviews RockABetty Beauty

Please introduce yourself.



I'm a 27 year old with a healthy obsession of all things fabulous. I love creating my own makeup and have a huge passion for color. I started making vegan mineral makeup when I couldn't find the right shade of black eyeshadow/eyeliner for me. So I researched mineral makeup and ingredients and then shopped around for the absolute best products to use to make my cosmetics. My friends fell in love with the quality and fab-ness of my products, so I decided to turn it into a fulltime business. And that is how RockABetty Beauty came to be.



Why did you start an online business?



I first started selling to my friends/neighbors and ended up with a local following. I wanted to expand on my business and thought I'd try my hand at selling online. I heard about an online handmade venue called 'Etsy' and thought it would be a great place for me to start. I'm hoping to venture to our own site by the beginning of of 2011.



How long have you been selling online?



We opened our online shop on January 26, 2010.



What samples will you be including in the Sampler Village sample boxes for the month you are Mayor? (September, 2010)



I will be including mineral eyeshadow samples in the sample boxes.



What is your personal favorite product/item that you make?



My favorite product that we offer is our mineral eyeshadow in 'Shrapnel' - it's a gorgeous, shimmery copper-red shade loaded with rouge glitter.



Give us your thoughts on Sampler Village and being Mayor for a Month.



I am really new to the Sampler Village community, but I love everything about it. I love learning about other handmade artisans and trying new products and the sampler box makes doing that so easy. It is such a great idea and I am so excited to be apart of it. It's truly an honor to be featured along side so many amazing and talented people, and being Mayor is just icing on the cake.



Please list other websites that you would like others to visit you at (ie: facebook, myspace, blog, etc)...



http://www.RockABettyBeauty.etsy.com/

http://www.facebook.com/RockABettyBeauty

http://twitter.com/RABettyBeauty

No comments:

Post a Comment